Labuan International Business and Financial Centre (Labuan IBFC) has announced a record 1H2020 for new Digital Financial Services operators being registered, marking an influx of digital financial service providers revolutionising its financial offerings. The Malaysian jurisdiction has approved a total of 46 Digital Financial Services operators as at 30 June 2020 including three digital banks, two digital securities exchanges and 19 crypto trading platform providers. "This segment has grown significantly in the last four years in tandem with our aspirations to have the market embrace...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes