The Colombian Congress has introduced a bill to reinforce transparency and tackle corruption by creating a beneficial ownership registry, in line with international recommendations. The Beneficial Ownership section of the bill defines the principle of due diligence and of BOs, to recognise "the natural person(s) benefited according to their actions and/or participation in a legal person" (Art. 19 and 20 of the bill). The bill will consider as a final beneficiary the natural person that has 5% or more of ownership or voting powers, as well as a 5% or more of the assets, profits or bene...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes