Fund flows at the largest emerging market bond managers by assets under management (AuM) have struggled in 2020, with the coronavirus pandemic having taken a toll on higher-risk investments, according to the latest issue of The Cerulli Edge—European Monthly Product Trends. Overall, European AUM in emerging market bond funds—€275.8bn ($327.5bn) as of September 2020—have so far failed to match the heights of 2019. AuM ended last year at €314.2bn, meaning September's position represents a steep 12.2% decline. This experience contrasts with those of the wider markets, which have generally s...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes