Stockmarkets rose on Tuesday after the Donald Trump administration gave the green light for the transition process for President-elect Joe Biden to begin. The US General Services Administration wrote to Biden to inform him the process was ready to commence, with Trump tweeting he and his team would support administrator Emily Murphy to "do what needs to be done with regard to initial protocols", "in the best interest of our country". The process means Biden's transition team will now meet with federal officials to be briefed on Washington's response to the coronavirus pandemic alongsi...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes