Savers who have transferred out of a pension scheme over the last 30 years should seek urgent financial advice following a High Court ruling over a complex legal saga, the CEO of deVere Group has urged. The warning from Nigel Green follows the Court determining that the ruling on historical gender equalisation from 2018 also extends to those who have transferred their pensions after 1990. Last week's ruling from the High Court in London means that former scheme members who had transferred their GMP benefits to other pension plans after 1990 will now be entitled to have their payments ...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes