Defined contribution (DC) pension wealth in the UK has more than doubled since the start of auto-enrolment in 2012, raising concerns about lost pensions. According to figures from Britain's Office for National Statistics (ONS), preserved DC pension wealth - where no withdrawals or contributions are being made - rose from £139bn in the two year period between 2012 and 2014 to £291bn between in 2016 and 2018. The analysis from EQ demonstrates how people could be in danger of losing track of their pension pots when moving between jobs or by not updating their contact details when they mo...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes