Many of the 1.8 million British expats living in Europe will have their UK bank accounts closed imminently because of Brexit - and they should urgently seek alternatives to "sidestep avoidable issues," Nigel Green, CEO of deVere Group, warned this morning. Dubai-based DeVere Group counts more than 80,000 mainly expatriate clients. It emerged in September that several UK banks, including Barclays and Coutts, had started writing to customers giving notice that their accounts would be closed by 31 December following the British government's failure to negotiate a new passporting agreemen...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes