Malaysia's Labuan International Business and Financial Centre (Labuan IBFC) freezone has announced a 50% increase in licensing application approvals for the first half of 2020, making a total of more than 800 licensed entities currently operating in Labuan IBFC. "Notwithstanding the challenges and movement restrictions due to the covid-19 outbreak, we are glad to continue to have growth, an increase in licenses approved during the first half of 2020," said Danial Mah Abdullah, director-general of Labuan FSA in his welcome speech at the third Asian Captive Conference (ACC) today. "Ha...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes