The Life Insurance Association of Singapore (LIA Singapore) today announced a set of industry results for the period January to September 2020 showing steady YoY. Overall, the industry recorded a total of S$2.99bn in weighted new business premiums for YTD 3Q2020, a decline of two per cent from the same period in 2019. However, there was a notable 90.6% increase in new business premiums recorded in 3Q2020 compared to 2Q2020, the latter encompassing both ‘Circuit Breaker' and ‘Phase 1' periods. Total weighted premiums recorded in the third quarter reached $1,324.6m, a significant $629.5...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes