News of a 90% success rating in Pfizers late-stage covid-19 vaccine trials have prompted huge surges in stocks around the world, with the Dow Jones and S&P 500 reaching record highs. Already boosted by confirmation of Joe Biden's victory in the presidential elections last week, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose by more than 1,200 points in morning trading, and the S&P 500 was up by more than 3.2% at the time of writing. US pharmaceutical giant Pfizer, which developed the vaccine with Germany's BioNTech, said it expects the first vaccines to be administered under emergency authoriz...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes