Indian expats named in tax haven data leaks under the scope of the taxman

Pedro Gonçalves
clock • 2 min read

India's tax authorities are looking into Indians named in the Panama and Paradise papers after allegations of tax evasion. The income-tax division has requested a number of people to show their non-resident standing for evaluation years 2013-14 to 2017-18. Whereas submitting their tax returns for the years in query, these individuals had not disclosed their international property by advantage of being non-resident, the Economic Times reported. Following Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) communique looking for standing of motion in opposition to Indian nationals named in leaked pape...

To continue reading this article...

Join International Investment

Join International Investment today

Unlock members-only benefits:

  • Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
  • Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
  • Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
  • Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
  • Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
  • Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
  • Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes

Join now


Already a International Investment member?