The number of expatriates has dropped by 16.4% during the first nine months of this year as Oman is set to add 5% to expat visa fee to support a job fund. According to the October bulletin of the National Centre for Statistics and Information (NCSI), a total of 263,392 workers of different nationalities left the Sultanate during the period from January to September this year. Figures from NCSI showed that 1,449,406 expatriates were working in different sectors in the Sultanate till the end of September 2020 compared to 1,712,798 at the end of 2019. Oman's Ministry of Labour...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes