The publication of personal data on the Luxembourg Business Register (LBR) has been legally challenged by a client of law firm Mishcon de Reya. The first of its kind in Europe, the claim alleges that the indiscriminate and generalised publication, in the public domain, of personal details of individuals connected to family enterprises breaches their fundamental rights to data protection and privacy and exposes them to unnecessary and disproportionate risks. On 23 October 2020 Mishcon de Reya LLP filed a claim with the Luxembourg courts to challenge a decision taken by the Luxembourg ...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes