The Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development is next year planning to release a tax-reporting framework for crypto-assets based on the common reporting standard (CRS). The common reporting standard is the global standard for the automatic exchange of tax information related to financial assets and income. The OECD aims to ensure tax transparency with respect to crypto assets and the income derived from the sale of these types of assets. In a report published earlier this week, the OECD said it was "advancing its work to design a tax reporting framework that will ensure...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes