The British Virgin Islands are giving financial services providers pushed to operate outside of the jurisdiction because of the covid-19 pandemic a two months extension to continue these operations. The number of financial services providers operating outside the BVI due to covid-19 is unclear. The order was made under the new Financial Services (Exceptional Circumstances) Act 2020, which was passed in March this year. It allows financial services providers to relocate outside the BVI and elsewhere within the territory during or after an ‘exceptional event'. This is not the first t...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes