A survey by HSBC published this week has found that familial ties remain strong among Singaporeans, but better planning for retirement is urgently needed. The HSBC survey found the majority of Singaporeans are financially supporting their elderly parents. Despite getting financial support from their children, Singapore's elderly still experience some degree of financial difficulties. They are also less tech-savvy when it comes to managing their finances and many do not have a professional inheritance plan in place. This research took the views of more than 2,200 people in Canada, main...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes