Stockmarkets fell yesterday (26 October) following concerns about new lockdown measures across Europe and yet another failure to agree on a new US stimulus package. The S&P 500 fell by almost 3% yesterday afternoon before closing down 1.9%, marking its worst day in a month following fears over a record surge in new US coronavirus cases just a week before the US Presidential Election. However, Nancy Pelosi, Democratic speaker of the House of Representatives, expressed optimism about renewing the fiscal deal for jobless benefits which expired at the end of July. The sharp drop in Wa...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes