The US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) is open to facilitating the tokenisation of exchange traded funds, its chair has claimed. Jay Clayton said yesterday the US securities regulator had been working with various other financial regulators to determine who would facilitate the regulation of financial cryptocurrency products. At a conference organised by the US Chamber of Digital Commerce, Clayton said it was the SEC that should drive the ‘tokenisation' of ETFs, adding that it was, in fact, "willing to drive that." Clayton said: "Our door is wide open - if you want to toke...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes