The government of Barbados said today it is "appalled" by the jurisdiction's inclusion on the EU's "reprehensible" update to its blacklisting of tax havens. In a strongly-worded statement issued this afternoon, Invest Barbados lamented "being penalized for being ‘Partially Compliant' in only three of the ten ‘essential elements' of the OECD's standard." As reported by International Investment, the EU group of finance ministers yesterday confirmed the addition of Barbados and Anguilla to its notorious listing of tax havens. Oman and the Cayman Islands were removed from the list followi...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes