Donald Trump and the First Lady both tested positive for covid-19 yesterday, sending stock markets into "mild disarray." The American president's positive covid-19 test will "just add to the uncertainty rippling through markets", ahead of November's election, according to Hargreaves Lansdown's Susannah Streeter. Donald and Melania Trump both confirmed a positive test on Thursday, with a little over a month to go before the presidential election and days after the first Presidential debate with Joe Biden. Streeter, a senior investment and markets analyst at HL, said while there was ...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes