Outdated ideas about gender roles are still are still holding women back in the fund management industry, according to GAM Investments. Speaking at the The Power of Diversity: Women at GAM conference, Denise Prime, investment director of emerging markets and fixed income at GAM, discussed the difficulties women still face in asset management. She said: "Some of the reasons for the low numbers are because of societal issues - the idea that the city is a place for men. These ideas are changing, but slowly. "Diversity is important to improving decision making. If you are only looking...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes