August saw over 50,000 foreigners leave Oman as the sultanate continues to implement nationalisation programs in a push to integrate more Omanis into the country's workforce. According to national daily Time of Oman, citing government data, the expat population in Oman stood at 1,747,844 in August, a decrease of 53,895 from the previous month. The expat exodus has been so massive that it has resulted in a general 3.88% population dip in the country. Oman went from 4,527,934 citizens to 4,480,333 between August 2019 and 2020. All governorates in Oman reported a decline in populatio...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes