Dublin-based KBI Global Investors has published research indicating that, contrary to many headlines, dividends have proven resilient during the covid-19 induced financial crisis. In its UK Dividend Monitor for 2Q, LINK reported that 176 companies had cancelled pay outs, with 30 more cutting their dividend - this representing three-quarters of all 2Q payers. Current earnings data being used by companies have a long way to go to reflect reality, with dividends providing a more meaningful barometer, but where there have been dividend cuts, they have come from companies with the weakest ...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes