Dubai International Financial Centre's (DIFC) employee workplace savings scheme has signed 1,135 employers in DEWS, representing 17,567 active employees according to the latest figures. Described as a "progressive end-of-service benefits scheme for expatriate workers," DEWS was introduced within the DIFC to restructure the currently defined employee benefit scheme into a funded, professionally-managed and defined contribution plan that is aligned with international standards. The figures, reporting to July 31, show around 80% remain invested in the Low Moderate Growth Fund (the defau...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes