French insurer Axa will appeal a Paris commercial court ruling ordering it to pay five restaurant owners who had to close during coronavirus lockdowns. Axa has been in the centre of a countrywide row over whether insurers must honour policies as businesses were forced to shut during lockdown. The insurance giant has won a number of cases on the basis that its policy coverage did not include Covid-19 pandemic protection. However, one restaurant owner secured an early victory against Axa in May, leading him to a settlement with the insurer, Reuters reported. Axa is in negotiation wit...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes