PIMFA, the trade association for the UK wealth management and financial advice industry, has today given evidence to the House of Commons' Work and Pension Select Committee inquiry into pension freedoms and scams. As part of PIMFA's evidence to the Committee, Tim Fassam, director of policy and government relations at PIMFA, addressed the twin problems of the failure of the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) to provide adequate supervision of firms, as outlined in the most recent PIMFA whitepaper, and the ever increasing financial burden place on advisers by the Financial Services Compensa...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes