Assets under management (AuM) at the world's 300 largest pension funds increased in value by 8.0% to a total of $19.5trn in 2019, in contrast to the 0.4% decline the year before, according to the latest top 300 pension funds research from the Thinking Ahead Institute. The research, conducted in conjunction with Pensions & Investments, a leading U.S. investment newspaper, shows that the value of the top 20 pension funds' AUM also rose by 8.1% in the same period, equating to 40.7% of the total AUM in the rankings, unchanged from the previous year. According to the research, the compound...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes