Mark Carney, the former governor of the Bank of England, has been hired by Toronto-based Brookfield Asset Management, where he will be responsible for developing a range of sustainable funds. Carney said of his appointment: "With an accelerated transition to a net-zero economy imperative for climate sustainability and one of the greatest commercial opportunities of our time, I'm looking forward to building on Brookfield's leading positions in renewable energy and sustainability to the benefit of its investors and society." In December the UN appointed him as its special envoy on clima...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes