The reforms, brought in four years ago, gave pension savers access to their pots from age 55 and opened up the drawdown market, according to a new Openwork survey of UK advisers. The survey of 115 UK financial advisers focused on adviser views on pension freedom and found more than half (51%) believed access to advice needed to improve to ensure the reforms continue to work well. Some 56% also said they worried about low levels of consumer understanding despite the reforms being in operation for the past four years. Openwork said its advisers were also concerned about the increased...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes