The Italian Supreme Court has officially confirmed in two new legal decisions that trusts are entitled to tax relief under Italy's double tax conventions, regardless of any specific provision for them. The Supreme Court's judgments represent an important recognition of trusts in Italy. The two decisions (which are identical but referring to different tax years) involve National Westminster Bank (NatWest) in its capacity as trustee of the Baring Global Growth Trust. NatWest, at the end of the 1990s, invested in shares in Italian companies whose dividends (received between 1995-2000) we...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes