Quilter International and Friends Provident International are facing a multi-million pound lawsuit filed by investors who claim the insurers mis-sold "high-risk funds" under the guise of insurance wrappers to "unsophisticated British and international investors living overseas." The £100m case, which is being filed in the Isle of Man courts, claims "the true level of risk that these investors were exposed to was obscured from both the investors and the IFAs who sold the products," according to the investors' lawyers, Signature Litigation. The lawyers added: "By wrapping these funds in...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes