A fear of missing out on investing in the firm that develops the first covid-19 vaccine has led pockets of the healthcare sector to trade on "eye-watering [valuations] reminiscent of the TMT bubble," fund managers have warned. The current health crisis has shone a light on the healthcare and biotechnology sectors, with more than 1,000 clinical trials, including over 100 potential vaccines, having been registered in the space of three months, according to Dr Trevor Polischuk, co-portfolio manager of Worldwide Healthcare Trust. The Nasdaq-listed share price of Moderna Therapeutics jumpe...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes