The EU has put forward proposals for a "Next Generation" rescue package worth some €750bn in borrowing to bankroll the continent's recovery efforts. Ursula von der Leyen, president of the European Commission, described the package as "an urgent and exceptional need for an urgent and exceptional crisis." Addressing the European parliament, von der Leyen said: "Things we take for granted are being questioned. None of that can be fixed by any single country alone. This is about all of us and it is way bigger than any of us." French president, Emmanuel Macron, called it "an essential d...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes