The UK's Institute for Public Policy Research (IPPR) published today the results of its survey that shows Australia, Spain, the US and Canada are the top countries for British expats, with two-thirds living abroad in order to further their careers. According to the think-tank's survey, 40 countries host more than 40,000 British expats. Australia and Spain remain the most popular choices, with 1.3 million and 761,000 UK expats respectively. Around 30% of expats are seeking a better quality of life, often in retirement. The top 25 countries for Britons living abroad, according to the...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes