German insurer Allianz today reported 1Q gobal profits down 29% YoY. The worldwide insurer posted a 28.9% fall in net profit to €1.4bn in 1Q2020. The Munich-headquartered company attributed the loss to the covid-19 outbreak and its having "aggravated operating conditions." Overall, the company reported revenue growth of 3.7%, largely in its life and health businesses. Giulio Terzariol, CFO of Allianz SE, said: "Covid-19 has aggravated operating conditions in our property-casualty business segment. "Our combined ratio adjusted for natural catastrophes and covid-19 impacts remains...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes