Zurich has announced "with great sadness" the passing of Fritz Gerber, who has died aged 91 and who served as the company's CEO for 17 years. He was described as "a remarkable leader." Fritz Gerber was arguably one of the most influential business leaders in Switzerland during a period of formative development for the country's modern, open economy. He had a profound influence on Zurich during a career with the company spanning almost 40 years, including 17 years as CEO and 18 years as chairman of the board of directors. 'Far-sighted' "Fritz Gerber was a remarkable leader and i...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes