Buoyant stock markets are not necessarily ignoring alarming economic data, rather they are reflecting the post-pandemic era, the CEO of deVere Group said today. The observation from deVere Group chief executive and founder Nigel Green comes as official figures on Friday revealed that more than 20 million people in the US lost their jobs in April and the unemployment rate more than trebled. Green said: "The staggering U.S. unemployment numbers wipe out a decade's worth of job gains. There's been nothing like this since the Great Depression. Yet US stock futures climbed higher as global...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes