Matthews Asia, the California-based international fund manager, has launched a new emerging markets equity fund, the first strategy in the firm's history to invest in 'broad' emerging markets. The Matthews Emerging Markets Equity Fund will be jointly managed by John Paul Lech and Beini Zhou, the firm said. Matthews Asia, which has $19.1bn in AuM, says it believes it can leverage its expertise in Asian emerging markets and apply the same established fundamental investment process in order to evaluate a company, its management team, corporate governance, and valuation. Asia's represe...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes