HMRC reported today that £2.5bn was withdrawn from pensions flexibly in 1Q2020, a 19% increase from £2.1bn YoY. The total value of flexible withdrawals from pensions since flexibility changes in 2015 has now exceeded £35bn, the UK tax office said. 1Q2020 saw 348,000 individuals withdraw from pensions, a 23% increase from 284,000 in the same quarter of the previous year. There has also been an increase in the number of individuals withdrawing compared to the previous quarter 4Q2019 (327,000) - which reflects normal seasonal patterns. Withdrawal numbers typically rise in 1Q, before pea...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes