As part of the covid-19 policy solution, banks are benefiting from an easing of regulatory requirements. While this is generally supportive for banks' fundamentals, risks for some investors could increase, according to research published today by Scope Ratings. Regulators have responded quickly to ensure that banks are able to support the economy, taking measures to increase the amount of capital available to banks, easing requirements and exercising flexibility to soften the impact of expected credit losses. "While these measures are generally supportive of bank fundamentals, the imp...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes