Just one absolute return fund has beaten cash every year for 10 years, and three funds have failed to beat 10-year cash returns, according to analysis by AJ Bell. Over the past year two-thirds of funds have delivered a loss, the research showed. Yet over the past decade cash has returned just 1.45% - far below the level of inflation. But even at that low bar three funds have failed to beat cash: Insight Absolute Insight Currency, GAM Star Global Rates and Jupiter Absolute Return. The latter two have delivered a loss over that time, of -8.1% and -4.1% respectively, while the Insight f...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes