Bedell Cristin in Jersey has facilitated its first swearing of a virtual affidavit, executed via video conferencing to honour the government's social distancing guidelines The person making the affidavit, the deponent, swore the oath but, given the social distancing restrictions, was deemed physically incapacitated and unable to attend court to sign the affidavit. However, the Law provides a mechanism for dealing with incapacity which can be adapted to meet the requirements of the current crisis and, in this case, was successfully carried out by Bedell Cristin's Jersey managing partne...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes