The Pension Regulator has given defined benefit transfers a three month hiatus while also allowing employers to halt contributions in response to the covid-19 crisis. The delay aims to help administrators manage their resources at a time when activity levels are very high and firms are dealing with reduced staff numbers and operational challenges. It also helps mitigate the risk of members being taken in by scams, or simply making poor financial planning decisions in response to the crisis situation. "For many schemes, the current funding position, calculated using consistent assumpti...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes