The United Arab Emirates, where expatriates make up about 85% of the population, eased rules for renewing worker visas and will shut public transportation for two days as it steps up its fight against the spread of covid-19. According to the Ministry of Human Resources & Emiratisation and the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship will labourers employed by companies and domestic helpers will be exempt from the mandatory medical tests for visas. Instead, the work permits and residence visas will be issued and renewed automatically for labourers and support service staff, such ...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes