Hong Kong's anti-corruption watchdog has charged a senior executive of bourse operator Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing with bribery and misconduct over a 2017 IPO application by thread manufacturer Shen You Holdings. Eugene Yeoh Kim-loong, 43, a former joint head of the listing department vetting team at the Hong Kong bourse, along with an initial public offering consultant, are being charged with bribery and misconduct in public office, in case involving HK$9.15m ($1.18m) in bribes between 2017 and 2019. The Independent Commission Against Corruption (ICAC) alleged in a statement ha...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes