A growing trend of Coronavirus-related fraud has seen reports of scams increase by 400% within the space of a month, according to the latest figures from Action Fraud. Recently the National Fraud Intelligence Bureau reproted the new COVID-19 scam trend and updated figures show that since February 1 there has veen 105 reports to Action Fraud. Total losses have reached nearly £970,000. The first Covid-19 related scam report was made on February 9, with an additional 20 reports being received that month. Between March 1-13, a further 46 reports to Action Fraud came in - while 38 repo...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes