The UAE has cancelled all types of new visas issued prior to March 17 and holders of these visas will not be allowed to enter the country. The UAE has already announced that all UAE residents as well as tourists with visa-on-arrival will not be permitted into the country from March 19, in a bid to curb the coronavirus outbreak. "Pre-issued UAE visas (all types) are cancelled and they [passengers with these visas] cannot apply for new visas until further notice", Gulf News quoted a notification issued by the General Directorate of Residency and Foreign Affairs as stating. "This is e...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes