The Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) has welcomed moves from insurers and banks that aim to give support to their customers that are affected about by the 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. The support announced by banks thus far include moratoriums on repayments for affected corporate and individual customers, extension of payment terms for trade finance facilities, and additional financing for working capital. The measures are in line with guidelines on corporate debt restructuring by the Association of Banks in Singapore (ABS). "MAS supports these efforts by financial...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes