The introduction of mandatory medical insurance in Dubai has caused a boom in the number of insurance policies in the Emirate, which now has 5.1 million policyholders. Before the law was implemented, in 2013, the number of insurance policies was of just 600,000 policyholders. A meteoric rise that has prompted healthcare providers in Dubai to hiring more specialised staff to deal with insurance-related issues. "Most of the big healthcare organisations are recruiting an army of insurance personnel to ensure a smooth experience for their patients," Atul Aundhekar, chief executive office...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes