Franklin Resources, a global investment management organisation operating as Franklin Templeton, has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Legg Mason for $50.00 per share of common stock in an all-cash transaction. The company will also assume approximately $2bn of Legg Mason's outstanding debt. The acquisition of Legg Mason will create $1.5trn in assets under management (AuM) across one of the broadest ranges of high-quality investment teams in the industry. The combined footprint of the organisation will significantly deepen Franklin Templeton's presence in key geographi...
To continue reading this article...
Join International Investment
Join International Investment today
Unlock members-only benefits:
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights, video features and market intelligence
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on international financial centres, regional trends international advice and global industry leaders
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters
- Hear the latest cross jurisdictional developments in wealth planning, tax, regulation, investing, retirement and protection
- Members-only access to the Editor’s weekly news roundup newsletter
- Members-only access to analysis via our exclusive industry polls
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes